Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
GMA Pinoy TVEditFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GMA Pinoy TV, incorporated in February 2004 by GMA Network, is a 24-hour international Filipino television station. The channel is targeted towards Overseas Filipino and their families in the Philippines. The network airs shows produced by GMA Network. Drawing on programming from its flagship station in the Philippines, the network's programs can be seen in the United States (including Hawaii & now Alaska), Japan, Guam, Saipan, Papua New Guinea, Canada, Singapore, the Middle East, North Africa, Hong Kong, Europe and Australia.
GMA Pinoy TV was first launched in Japan in March 2005. It was later launched in several parts of the United States in the same year, such as San Francisco, Los Angeles and the states of the East Coast. It later spread out in the entire country by August 2005. Since then GMA Pinoy TV started to reach out to farther countries globally.
A concert was held with GMA stars to promote GMA Pinoy TV. Graphics, on the other hand, were released with the so-called Filipino colors-- red, blue and yellow. It was also seen around December that GMA Pinoy TV, every Christmas season, will change its graphic on-screen for the Christmas season. The logo also was seen in the upper right and left corners at varied times. It was settled in 2007 that the logo will be seen in the upper right corner.
2007- GMA Pinoy TV had a huge success and was known better for the program MariMar. So, due to the success of the program, GMA Pinoy TV once changed graphics. They ran from 2007-October 2010.
2008- GMA Pinoy TV was also known for the program Dyesebel. GMA Pinoy TV, due to the success of the program, had launched a billboard in Daly City, which was there for the entirety of the show. Its purpose was to promote the program and GMA Pinoy TV in general.
2009- GMA Pinoy TV has 225,000 subscribers as of September 2009. An associated second channel, GMA Life TV, was successfully launched in March 2008, it already counts 109,000 subscribers. The percent of subscribers has gone up 34% according to GMA New Media, Inc.
An amount of PhP 253 million for the 1st Quarter of 2010's revenues (compared to PhP 183 million of 2009) has been posted in the Annual Stockholders Meeting of GMA Network for GMA Pinoy TV and GMA Life TV.
In May 2010, GMA Pinoy TV and GMA Network, Inc. in general, was acclaimed for their performance of covering the Elections. GMA Pinoy TV started airing the live coverage May 9 until the Election ended.
Recently, as of September 2010, GMA Pinoy TV has a total of 256,000 subscribers while its sister channel, GMA Life TV has 122,000 subscibers. This is based on a report that the Corporate Communications Department of GMA Network has posted.
On October 10, 2010, GMA Pinoy TV changed graphics with a theme that recognizes and is towards Pinoys all over the world. It also has a globe symbolizing how far GMA Pinoy TV has gone since the start.
On November 30, 2010, GMA Pinoy TV changed its graphics once again for the Christmas 2010 Season.
As of December 2010, GMA Pinoy TV as well as GMA Life TV has expanded into the following: US- Chicago, Illinois (via Comcast Chicago), New York (via Time Warner New York), Washington, DC, Maryland, Alabama, Virignia (via Comcast); Canada- Vancouver, British Columbia (via Telus Canada) and Europe: Italy, London, rest of UK, and rest of Europe (via Infinity IPTV).   
Also, for Christmas 2010, this is the first time that GMA Pinoy TV had another Christmas slogan besides the GMA Network Christmas 2010 Slogan: Isang Pagkilala sa Puso ng Pilipino Ngayong Pasko. The GMA Pinoy TV Christmas slogan is Isang Maligayang at Masaganang Paskong Pinoy, Kapuso!.
As for the 3rd Quarter of 2010, GMA Pinoy TV has around 261,000 subscribers posted. 
In the first quarter of 2011, GMA Pinoy TV and its home network in the Philippines revealed a new logo with minor changes. The "GMA" letters part is seen to be more embossed and the logo has a "glow" effect.
On February 28, 2011 for the first time in GMA Worldwide, Inc. history, two programs that started airing on GMA Pinoy TV that is still running with new episodes was switched over to GMA Life TV, where it will then air its new episodes, to occupy free time slots. This then led to replays of other Kapuso shows. The shows included Pinoy MD and Love ni Mister, Love ni Misis. All this will be straightened out once GMA News TV starts its international operations sometime 2nd to 3rd Quarter of 2011.
In a report published showing GMA Network's revenues for 2010 with a total of PhP 14.299 Billion, GMA Life TV has 125,000 subscribers (an estimated 800,000 viewers count) while GMA Pinoy TV has an accounted 274,000 subscribers (around 1.8 Million viewers). 
On March 10, 2011 GMA Pinoy TV and GMA Life TV expanded even more in the United States in Florida. The Florida counties that are part of the extension include Brevard, Flagler, Lake, Marion, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Sumter and Volusia.
On April 5, 2011, though already launched in the Philippines on March 27, 2011 and was launched a bit late, GMA Pinoy TV launched the 2011 Summer slogan of GMA "Halo-Halo Ang Summer Saya". This took some time to launch on GMA Pinoy TV because significant edits were made in which some of the programs on the original version are not slated to air on GMA Pinoy TV like Man vs. Beast but beside that, the international version of the station ID still included planned shows of Summer 2011.
Also in April 2011, GMA Pinoy TV is now being broadcast by COX Communications in Arizona, areas like Tucson and Arizona, on Channel 482. 
For the previously aired and defunct shows of the station, please see the list of shows previously aired by GMA Network.
- Alakdana (January 26, 2011-present); two-day episode delay
- Nita Negrita (February 17, 2011-present); three-day episode delay
- My Lover, My Wife (March 3, 2011-present); three-day episode delay
- Magic Palayok (March 2, 2011-present); two-day episode delay
- Munting Heredera (May 11, 2011-present); two-day episode delay
- I ♥ You, Pare! (February 9, 2011-present); two-day episode delay
- Captain Barbell (March 30, 2011-present); two-day episode delay
- Reel Love presents: Tween Hearts (October 2010–present); one-week episode delay
- Bubble Gang [1995–present (GMA Network), 2005–present (GMA Pinoy TV)]
- Comedy Bar (2010–present)
- Show Me Da Manny (2009–present)
- Pepito Manaloto (2010–present)
- Spooky Nights Presents: The Ringtone [premiering on May 7 (Asia Pacific, Europe & Middle East); May 8 (USA & Canada), 2011; one-day's episode delay
- Family Feud: The Showdown Edition (April 11, 2011-present);five-day episode delay
- Misteryo (2010-present)
- Art Angel (2004–present); one-day episode delay
- Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho [2004–present (GMA Network), 2005–present (GMA Pinoy TV)]
- Kaya Mong Gawin (October 9, 2010–present)
- Pusong Pinoy Sa Amerika: Season 5 (October 10, 2010–present)
- GMA Pinoy Blockbuster (2006–present)
- Pinoy Indie on GMA Pinoy TV (2009–present)
- 24 Oras [2004–present (GMA Network), 2005–present (GMA Pinoy TV)]
- 24 Oras Weekend [(2010–present)]
- GMA Flash Report [2002–present (GMA Network), 2006–present (GMA Pinoy TV)]
- Saksi [1995–present (GMA Network), 2005–present (GMA Pinoy TV)]
- Unang Hirit [1999–present (GMA Network), 2005–present (GMA Pinoy TV)]
- Born to be Wild (2007–present); one-day's episode delay
- I-Witness [1999–present (GMA Network), 2005–present (GMA Pinoy TV)] (first produced by Probe Productions and later by GMA News and Public Affairs)
- Imbestigador [2000–present (GMA Network), 2005–present (GMA Pinoy TV)]; one-day's episode delay
- Reporter's Notebook [2004–present (GMA Network), 2005–present (GMA Pinoy TV)]
- Rescue (2010-present)
- Tunay Na Buhay (2011–present)
- Wish Ko Lang [2002–present (GMA Network), 2005–present (GMA Pinoy TV];one-day's episode delay
- Kitchen Superstar (April 7, 2011-present);three-day episode delay
- Family TV Mass (May 1, 2011-present)
- Jesus the Healer [1998-2001, 2006–present (GMA Network), 2006–present (GMA Pinoy TV)]
- Showbiz Central (2007–present)
- Startalk TX [1995–present (GMA Network), 2005–present (GMA Pinoy TV)]
- Party Pilipinas (2010–present)
- Eat Bulaga! (produced by TAPE Inc.) [1995–present (GMA Network), 2005–present (GMA Pinoy TV)]
- Walang Tulugan with the Master Showman [1997–present (GMA Network), 2005–present (GMA Pinoy TV)]
Main article: List of programs broadcast by GMA Network#Upcoming shows==Slogans==
- "Kapuso ng Bawat Pilipino" (2005-present)
- "Kapuso Ako!" (2005-present)
- "Proud to be Kapuso" (2008-present)
- "Tagumpay ng Kapuso" (2010)
- "The Best in Pinoy Entertainment and News" (2011-present)
- "Halo-Halo Ang Summer Saya!" (Summer 2011)
- ^ GMA Pinoy TV and GMA Life TV initiate projects that enrich lives of Filipinos abroad
- ^ www.gmapinoytv.com
- ^ http://www.gmapinoytv.com.ph/ver1/article.php?aid=191
- ^ http://www.gmapinoytv.com.ph/ver1/article.php?aid=185
- ^ http://www.gmapinoytv.com.ph/ver1/article.php?aid=164
- ^ http://www.pep.ph/guide/tv/7457/gma-pinoy-tv-and-gma-life-tv-launches-10-new-locations-in-december-2010
- ^ GMA-7 ends 2010 with "revenues of P14.299 billion"
- ^ http://www.gmapinoytv.com.ph/ver1/article.php?aid=382
- ^ http://www.gmapinoytv.com.ph/ver1/article.php?aid=382
- ^ http://www.gmapinoytv.com.ph/ver1/article.php?aid=454